View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002368||Kali Linux||[All Projects] General Bug||public||2015-07-01 13:58||2015-09-02 15:07|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0002368: Ensure that all ISO boot & build options work with sana|
|Description||Please test this with the latest sana ISO:|
* regular installation of iso
* LVM encrypted installation of iso
* USB Live boot (cf http://docs.kali.org/downloading/kali-linux-live-usb-install)
* USB Live boot with persistence (cf http://docs.kali.org/downloading/kali-linux-live-usb-persistence)
* USB Live boot with encrypted persistence (cf http://docs.kali.org/downloading/kali-linux-live-usb-persistence)
* ensure we can build custom sana ISO with live-build-config (cf http://docs.kali.org/development/live-build-a-custom-kali-iso and http://docs.kali.org/development/customize-the-kali-desktop-environmentfor sample customizations that we want to support)
And report back any problem identified. Also report back the parts of the documentation that must be updated.
||I suspect that some of the kali 1.0 instructions will be outdated and no longer relevant. When this is the case, please make a short note of what has changed and any new syntaxes required so that we can updated the official documentation accordingly with more ease.|
||Mati tested all the "USB Live Boot" scenarios, they are still working fine.|
regular installation of ISO works.
in the documentation: http://docs.kali.org/installation/kali-linux-hard-disk-install
- the screenshots are not up-to-date, especially in part 1: the kali boot screen.
- part 6 and 7: there is no screen to set up non-root user. It's the set up of root password
mini install works: http://docs.kali.org/installation/kali-linux-network-mini-iso-install
- after the configuration network, it's the set up of root password (before partition disks)
- the screenshot of the software selection is not up-to-date
install works. Everything is ok except that the background on the screenshots are not up-to-date
documentation has to be updated.
Closing this ticket as we have released already.
We left some notes about stuff that needs to be updated on docs.kali.org as requested.
|2015-07-01 13:58||rhertzog||New Issue|
|2015-07-01 13:58||rhertzog||Status||new => assigned|
|2015-07-01 13:58||rhertzog||Assigned To||=> sbrun|
|2015-07-01 14:01||muts||Note Added: 0003447|
|2015-07-01 14:14||rhertzog||Description Updated||View Revisions|
|2015-07-21 21:24||rhertzog||Note Added: 0003554|
|2015-07-29 18:22||sbrun||Note Added: 0003636|
|2015-07-30 10:00||sbrun||Note Added: 0003642|
|2015-09-02 15:07||rhertzog||Note Added: 0003873|
|2015-09-02 15:07||rhertzog||Status||assigned => resolved|
|2015-09-02 15:07||rhertzog||Resolution||open => fixed|