View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003941||Kali Linux||[All Projects] Queued Tool Addition||public||2017-03-30 18:23||2020-03-28 08:31|
|Priority||normal||Severity||feature||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0003941: airgeddon - A multi-use bash script for Linux systems to audit wireless networks.|
airgeddon is a very robust tool to audit wireless networks. Is 100% compatible with Kali and many other Linux distros including Kali on raspberry Pi. Already included in other pentesting Linux distros (like BlackArch or Wifislax). One year of hard developing. Serious project with translation to 7 languages and clean code checked with shellcheck tool (free of warnings).
*Interface mode switcher (Monitor-Managed) keeping selection even on interface name changing
*DoS over wireless networks using different methods
*Assisted Handshake file capturing
*Cleaning and optimizing Handshake captured files
*Offline password decrypting on WPA/WPA2 captured files (dictionary, bruteforce and rule based)
*Evil Twin attacks (Rogue AP):
Only Rogue/Fake AP version to sniff using external sniffer (Hostapd + DHCP + DoS)
Simple integrated sniffing (Hostapd + DHCP + DoS + Ettercap)
Integrated sniffing, sslstrip (Hostapd + DHCP + DoS + Ettercap + Sslstrip)
Integrated sniffing, sslstrip2 and BeEF browser exploitation framework (Hostapd + DHCP + DoS + Bettercap + BeEF)
Captive portal with "DNS blackhole" to capture wifi passwords (Hostapd + DHCP + DoS + Dnsspoff + Lighttpd)
Optional MAC spoofing for all Evil Twin attacks
WPS scanning (wash). Self parameterization to avoid "bad fcs" problem
Custom PIN association (bully and reaver)
Pixie Dust attacks (bully and reaver)
Bruteforce PIN attacks (bully and reaver)
Known WPS PINs attack (bully and reaver), based on online PIN database with auto-update
Integration of the most common PIN generation algorithms
*Compatibility with many Linux distributions (see Requirements section)
*Easy targeting and selection in every section
*Drag and drop files on console window for entering file paths
*Dynamic screen resolution detection and windows auto-sizing for optimal viewing
*Controlled Exit. Cleaning tasks and temp files. Option to keep monitor mode if desired
*Multilanguage support and autodetect OS language feature (see Supported Languages section)
*Help hints in every zone/menu for easy use
*Auto-update. Script checks for newer version if possible
-On development now:
WEP "all-in-one" attack <- yes, you read well... WEP :) it must be a swiss knife.
From all github's stuff, only 3 files needed to run:
To help speed up the process of evaluating the tool, please make sure to include the following information (the more information you include, the more beneficial it will for us):
- [Name] - The name of the tool
- [Version] - What version of the tool should be added?
--- If it uses source control (such as git), please make sure there is a release to match (e.g. git tag)
- [Homepage] - Where can the tool be found online? Where to go to get more information?
- [Download] - Where to go to get the tool?
- [Author] - Who made the tool?
- [Licence] - How is the software distributed? What conditions does it come with?
- [Description] - What is the tool about? What does it do?
- [Dependencies] - What is needed for the tool to work?
- [Similar tools] - What other tools are out there?
- [How to install] - How do you compile it?
- [How to use] - What are some basic commands/functions to demonstrate it?
I'll answer to all the requisites:
- [Name] - airgeddon
- [Version] - Last stable version right now is v7.23 which could be great to add but if we wait less than a month we can add v8.0 which will have full 5ghz support. We have git tags matching all the stable versions.
- [Homepage] - https://github.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r3/airgeddon . And more info on wiki: https://github.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r3/airgeddon/wiki
- [Download] - From github: https://github.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r3/airgeddon.git
- [Author] - v1s1t0r and collaborators.
- [Licence] - GPLv3+
- [Description] - This is a multi-use bash script for Linux systems to audit wireless networks.
- [Dependencies] - It has 3 types of dependencies. Essential, optional and internal. All essential are included by default on Kali, so airgeddon can be run without any problem. Almost all optional and internal are included by default on Kali too and which are not included by default are easily installable by apt. More info here about the dependencies: https://github.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r3/airgeddon/wiki/Requirements
- [Similar tools] - There are some tools for wireless hacking but there is no one as big and with the variety of attacks like airgeddon. In addition, airgeddon have some unique features like Evil Twin with BeEF integrated, pursuit mode attack, own WPS PIN db to search through and 5ghz full support which is incoming.
- [How to install] - It's bash, no compilation needed.
- [How to use] - Just run it and follow instructions and menues on screen.
when are you going to include this tool in Kali? I saw that they have already created a repository in GitLab (https://gitlab.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r3/airgeddon) following your requirements. It's a "must" in a pentester toolbox... So... when? @g0tmi1k
A lot more features have been added and the tool has evolved into a wifi pentest framework. I believe kali is not just for advanced users and newbie people like me could also benefit a lot using such scripts serving as a stepping stone into the pentest world.
I have personally also tested this tool on Kali Nethunter too which works flawlessly. I think it'd be great if this tool get added to the Kali repo. @g0tmi1k
@author, thanks for the contribution!
@kali-team, please review the package
Awesome news to be added at last to Kali repositories!
The repo I created time ago on Gitlab passing all lintian checks is located at: https://gitlab.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r3/airgeddon
Yesterday it was updated with the last version.
Tell us if you need anything more from our side. You can locate us at IRC or at Discord (our airgeddon channel invitation link: https://discord.gg/sQ9dgt9). There, the main maintainer admin OscarAkaElvis can help you with any doubt. Regards.
|2017-03-30 18:23||v1s1t0r||New Issue|
|2017-03-30 18:32||v1s1t0r||Note Added: 0006543|
|2018-01-29 14:27||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0008349|
|2018-01-29 19:41||v1s1t0r||Note Added: 0008551|
|2018-02-21 09:35||g0tmi1k||Product Version||2016.2 =>|
|2018-05-08 08:06||g0tmi1k||Summary||airgeddon. A multi-use bash script for Linux systems to audit wireless networks. => airgeddon - A multi-use bash script for Linux systems to audit wireless networks.|
|2019-12-09 13:30||g0tmi1k||Severity||minor => feature|
|2020-02-11 11:22||six2dez||Note Added: 0012204|
|2020-03-26 12:05||xpz3||Note Added: 0012547|
|2020-03-27 13:53||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0012551|
|2020-03-27 13:53||g0tmi1k||Status||new => confirmed|
|2020-03-27 13:53||g0tmi1k||Category||New Tool Requests => Queued Tool Addition|
|2020-03-28 08:31||v1s1t0r||Note Added: 0012556|