|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0004839||Kali Linux||[All Projects] Kali Package Improvement||public||2018-07-06 13:17||2018-07-06 14:34|
|Priority||normal||Severity||minor||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0004839: Move texlive-latex-extra dependency from greenbone-security-assistant-common into openvas-manager-common|
|Description||Currently the package greenbone-security-assistant-common has a hard dependency|
to the textlive-latex-extra package. This brings various problems:
1. The GSA doesn't need this dependency at all
2. The dependency is an optional and only needed on run-time by the OpenVAS
Manager for the generation of PDF reports.
3. The package is pulled in as a dependency and not a recommendation.
To allow a headless installation of OpenVAS (e.g. without the GSA) by keeping
the PDF report generation working by default i'm suggesting to:
1. Move the texlive-latex-extra dependency from greenbone-security-assistant-common into openvas-manager-common
2. Lower the "dependency" to a "recommend" so people have still the choice to
not install the whole texlive distro if they don't want to have a PDF report generation.
|2018-07-06 13:17||kali-bugreport||New Issue|
|2018-07-06 14:34||sbrun||Assigned To||=> sbrun|
|2018-07-06 14:34||sbrun||Status||new => assigned|