View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001180||Kali Linux||[All Projects] New Tool Requests||public||2014-05-11 07:24||2020-03-18 17:47|
|Priority||normal||Severity||feature||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0001180: Inception v0.3.5|
|Description||Inception is a FireWire physical memory manipulation and hacking tool exploiting IEEE 1394 SBP-2 DMA. The tool can unlock (any password accepted) and escalate privileges to Administrator/root on almost* any powered on machine you have physical access to. The tool can attack over FireWire, Thunderbolt, ExpressCard, PC Card and any other PCI/PCIe interfaces.|
Inception aims to provide a stable and easy way of performing intrusive and non-intrusive memory hacks on live computers using FireWire SBP-2 DMA. It is primarily intended to do its magic against computers that utilize full disk encryption such as BitLocker, FileVault, TrueCrypt or Pointsec. There are plenty of other ways to hack a machine that doesn’t pack encryption. Inception is also useful for incident response teams and digital forensics experts when faced with live machines. reported to work fine on kali
To help speed up the process of evaluating the tool, please make sure to include the following information (the more information you include, the more beneficial it will for us):
- [Name] - The name of the tool
- [Version] - What version of the tool should be added?
--- If it uses source control (such as git), please make sure there is a release to match (e.g. git tag)
- [Homepage] - Where can the tool be found online? Where to go to get more information?
- [Download] - Where to go to get the tool?
- [Author] - Who made the tool?
- [Licence] - How is the software distributed? What conditions does it come with?
- [Description] - What is the tool about? What does it do?
- [Dependencies] - What is needed for the tool to work?
- [Similar tools] - What other tools are out there?
- [How to install] - How do you compile it?
- [How to use] - What are some basic commands/functions to demonstrate it?
No response... Closing.
Please reopen if the information can be provided.
|2014-05-11 07:24||saberzaid||New Issue|
||Issue cloned: 0001192|
||Issue cloned: 0001379|
|2018-01-29 15:00||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0008410|
|2019-12-09 13:30||g0tmi1k||Severity||minor => feature|
|2020-03-18 17:47||g0tmi1k||Status||new => closed|
|2020-03-18 17:47||g0tmi1k||Resolution||open => suspended|
|2020-03-18 17:47||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0012453|