View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001183||Kali Linux||[All Projects] New Tool Requests||public||2014-05-11 07:29||2020-02-10 18:11|
|Priority||normal||Severity||feature||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0001183: SAMHAIN v3.1|
|Description||The Samhain host-based intrusion detection system (HIDS) provides file integrity checking and log file monitoring/analysis, as well as rootkit detection, port monitoring, detection of rogue SUID executables, and hidden processes.|
Samhain been designed to monitor multiple hosts with potentially different operating systems, providingcentralized logging and maintenance, although it can also be used as standalone application on a single host.
Samhain is an open-source multiplatform application for POSIX systems (Unix, Linux, Cygwin/Windows).
To help speed up the process of evaluating the tool, please make sure to include the following information (the more information you include, the more beneficial it will for us):
- [Name] - The name of the tool
- [Version] - What version of the tool should be added?
--- If it uses source control (such as git), please make sure there is a release to match (e.g. git tag)
- [Homepage] - Where can the tool be found online? Where to go to get more information?
- [Download] - Where to go to get the tool?
- [Author] - Who made the tool?
- [Licence] - How is the software distributed? What conditions does it come with?
- [Description] - What is the tool about? What does it do?
- [Dependencies] - What is needed for the tool to work?
- [Similar tools] - What other tools are out there?
- [How to install] - How do you compile it?
- [How to use] - What are some basic commands/functions to demonstrate it?
||Still getting updates: https://www.la-samhna.de/samhain/s_download.html|
|2014-05-11 07:29||saberzaid||New Issue|
||Issue cloned: 0001189|
||Issue cloned: 0001376|
|2018-01-29 15:12||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0008467|
|2019-12-09 13:30||g0tmi1k||Severity||minor => feature|
|2020-02-10 18:11||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0012190|