View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002037||Kali Linux||[All Projects] Queued Tool Addition||public||2015-02-01 14:59||2020-10-05 15:48|
|Priority||normal||Severity||minor||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0002037: proxychains-ng (fork of proxychains)|
This is a fork of the original project.
Original: http://proxychains.sourceforge.net/ (v3.1)
Fork: https://github.com/rofl0r/proxychains-ng/ (v4.2.0)
- fix regression in 4.8 install-config Makefile target
- fix for odd cornercase where getaddrinfo was used with AI_NUMERICHOST
to test for a numeric ip instead of resolving it (fixes nmap).
- allow usage with programs that rely on LD_PRELOAD themselves
- reject wrong entries in config file
- print version number on startup
- new round_robin chaintype by crass.
- fix bug with lazy allocation when GCC constructor was not used.
- new configure flag --fat-binary to create a "fat" binary/library on OS X
- return EBADF rather than EINTR in close hook.
it's legal for a program to retry close() calls when they receive
EINTR, which could cause an infinite loop, as seen in chromium.
- some cosmetic fixes to Makefile, fix a bug when non-numeric ip was
used as proxy server address.
- hook close() to prevent OpenSSH from messing with internal infrastructure.
this caused ssh client to segfault when proxified.
- FreeBSD port
- fixes some installation issues on Debian and Mac.
- fixes programs that do dns-lookups in child processes (fork()ed),
like irssi. to achieve this, support for compilation without pthreads
- fixes thread safety for gethostent() calls.
- improved DNS handling speed, since hostent db is cached.
- fixes compilation issues with ubuntu 12.04 toolchain
- fixes segfault in rare codepath
- support for mac os x (all archs)
- all internal functions are threadsafe when compiled with -DTHREAD_SAFE
- replaced dnsresolver script (which required a dynamically linked "dig"
binary to be present) with remote DNS lookup.
this speeds up any operation involving DNS, as the old script had to use TCP.
additionally it allows to use .onion urls when used with TOR.
- removed broken autoconf build system with a simple Makefile.
there's a ./configure script though for convenience.
it also adds support for a config file passed via command line switches/
And this software comes straight from Debian. So we're unlikely to replace one by the other at the Kali level. This should be suggested to the Debian maintainers.
It could be packaged separately though, reclassifying it that way.
@kali-team, please could this be packaged up.
@author, If you want to help the packaging process, you can check the documentation here ~ https://www.kali.org/docs/development/public-packaging
||I believe this is in Debian as "proxychains4" ~ https://packages.debian.org/buster/proxychains4|
|2015-02-01 14:59||nautilus||New Issue|
|2015-03-19 10:17||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0003175|
|2015-09-03 13:24||rhertzog||Note Added: 0003928|
|2015-09-03 13:24||rhertzog||Category||Tool Upgrade => New Tool Requests|
|2015-09-03 13:25||rhertzog||Summary||Replace proxychains with proxychains-ng => Add proxychains-ng (fork of proxychains)|
|2018-01-29 10:23||g0tmi1k||Summary||Add proxychains-ng (fork of proxychains) => proxychains-ng (fork of proxychains)|
|2019-12-09 13:30||g0tmi1k||Severity||minor => feature|
|2020-03-25 13:02||g0tmi1k||Status||new => acknowledged|
|2020-03-25 13:02||g0tmi1k||Category||New Tool Requests => Queued Tool Addition|
|2020-03-25 13:04||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0012521|
|2020-06-17 14:58||g0tmi1k||Severity||feature => minor|
|2020-10-05 15:48||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0013538|