View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002215||Kali Linux||[All Projects] New Tool Requests||public||2015-04-10 03:48||2020-02-11 12:03|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0002215: debcheckroot - Add additional rootkit detectors|
|Description||Having the ability to scan an item of digital evidence with multiple A/V scanners is necessary for a source forensics analysis. The A/V and rootkit detectors distributed with Kali (ClamAV, chkrootkit) are great, but including other free alternatives would increase Kali's usefulness to forensic investigations.|
download + extract
To help speed up the process of evaluating the tool, please make sure to include the following information (the more information you include, the more beneficial it will for us):
- [Name] - The name of the tool
- [Version] - What version of the tool should be added?
--- If it uses source control (such as git), please make sure there is a release to match (e.g. git tag)
- [Homepage] - Where can the tool be found online? Where to go to get more information?
- [Download] - Where to go to get the tool?
- [Author] - Who made the tool?
- [Licence] - How is the software distributed? What conditions does it come with?
- [Description] - What is the tool about? What does it do?
- [Dependencies] - What is needed for the tool to work?
- [Similar tools] - What other tools are out there?
- [How to install] - How do you compile it?
- [How to use] - What are some basic commands/functions to demonstrate it?
We already have rkhunter
|2015-04-10 03:48||jdmurray||New Issue|
|2015-07-28 13:53||stormtide||Note Added: 0003612|
|2018-01-29 10:22||g0tmi1k||Summary||Add additional rootkit detectors => rkhunter / debcheckroot - Add additional rootkit detectors|
|2018-01-29 15:12||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0008464|
|2018-02-21 09:35||g0tmi1k||Product Version||1.1.0 =>|
|2019-12-09 13:30||g0tmi1k||Severity||minor => feature|
|2020-02-11 12:03||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0012217|
|2020-02-11 12:03||g0tmi1k||Summary||rkhunter / debcheckroot - Add additional rootkit detectors => debcheckroot - Add additional rootkit detectors|