View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003744||Kali Linux||[All Projects] New Tool Requests||public||2016-11-23 16:56||2020-03-18 18:05|
|Priority||normal||Severity||feature||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Description||Omnihash is a tool to hash strings, files, input streams and network resources using various common hashing algorithms. This is extremely useful during reverse engineering when you know that something is being hashed, but you don't know what or how. It's kind of like the opposite of a hash identifier.|
Omnihash a fairly mature tool now, with many advanced features like hash matching, family filtering, CRC calculation, JSON output, and remote resources hashing.
It's a well-tested, pure-python package, currently published as version `0.10.1` to PyPI. It has >200 stars on GitHub and is licensed under the MIT License.
The source code can be found and reviewed here: https://github.com/Miserlou/omnihash
I'm the author and maintainer of this project and would be happy to assist in the process of packaging for Kali/Debian.
|Steps To Reproduce||n/t|
To help speed up the process of evaluating the tool, please make sure to include the following information (the more information you include, the more beneficial it will for us):
- [Name] - The name of the tool
- [Version] - What version of the tool should be added?
--- If it uses source control (such as git), please make sure there is a release to match (e.g. git tag)
- [Homepage] - Where can the tool be found online? Where to go to get more information?
- [Download] - Where to go to get the tool?
- [Author] - Who made the tool?
- [Licence] - How is the software distributed? What conditions does it come with?
- [Description] - What is the tool about? What does it do?
- [Dependencies] - What is needed for the tool to work?
- [Similar tools] - What other tools are out there?
- [How to install] - How do you compile it?
- [How to use] - What are some basic commands/functions to demonstrate it?
No response... Closing.
Please reopen if the information can be provided.
|2016-11-23 16:56||miserlou||New Issue|
|2018-01-29 10:23||g0tmi1k||Summary||Add package 'omnihash' => omnihash|
|2018-01-29 15:06||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0008438|
|2018-02-21 09:35||g0tmi1k||Product Version||kali-dev =>|
|2019-12-09 13:30||g0tmi1k||Severity||minor => feature|
|2020-03-18 18:05||g0tmi1k||Status||new => closed|
|2020-03-18 18:05||g0tmi1k||Resolution||open => suspended|
|2020-03-18 18:05||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0012483|