|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003761||Kali Linux||[All Projects] New Tool Requests||public||2016-12-06 19:26||2018-01-29 14:12|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Description||WordHound is a tool that builds targeted password lists against a specific target given a URL. It's open source and licensed under GNU. |
It's really useful for building intelligent wordlists against a target and fusing these words with existing wordlists to increase the efficacy of an attack.
Tool release talk:
Version: ??? (Not tag'd)
License: GNU v3 (https://bitbucket.org/mattinfosec/wordhound/src/master/LICENSE?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default)
Description: This is a tool that builds a list of password candidates for a specific target website to use with something like Hashcat or Hydra.
If you were familiar with the old version, this is much better. It uses a better known technique called TF-IDF to extract interesting terms from target websites. Under the hood, it actually renders each and every page with using selenium and phantomjs.
|This tool works well in Kali and most of its prerequisites are already in the repositories. It appears the only depend that will need to be packaged is creepy: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/creepy/|
To help speed up the process of evaluating the tool, please make sure to include the following information (the more information you include, the more beneficial it will for us):
- [Name] - The name of the tool
- [Version] - What version of the tool should be added?
--- If it uses source control (such as git), please make sure there is a release to match (e.g. git tag)
- [Homepage] - Where can the tool be found online? Where to go to get more information?
- [Download] - Where to go to get the tool?
- [Author] - Who made the tool?
- [Licence] - How is the software distributed? What conditions does it come with?
- [Description] - What is the tool about? What does it do?
- [Dependencies] - What is needed for the tool to work?
- [Similar tools] - What other tools are out there?
- [How to install] - How do you compile it?
- [How to use] - What are some basic commands/functions to demonstrate it?
|2016-12-06 19:26||tehnlulz||New Issue|
|2017-10-11 14:37||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0007516|
|2017-10-11 15:08||dookie||Note Added: 0007517|
|2018-01-29 14:12||g0tmi1k||Summary||New tool request - WordHound => WordHound|
|2018-01-29 14:12||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0008333|