2017-04-24 22:56 UTC

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0003882Kali Linux[All Projects] Feature Requestspublic2017-02-15 10:30
Reporterkimocoder 
Assigned To 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityhave not tried
StatusnewResolutionopen 
Product Version2016.2 
Target VersionFixed in Version 
Summary0003882: Missing bluetooth firmware for several HP/Lenovo products w/BCM20702A1 chipset
Description[ 11.238099] bluetooth hci0: firmware: failed to load brcm/BCM20702A1-0a5c-21e6.hcd (-2)
[ 11.238815] bluetooth hci0: Direct firmware load for brcm/BCM20702A1-0a5c-21e6.hcd failed with error -2
[ 11.239520] Bluetooth: hci0: BCM: Patch brcm/BCM20702A1-0a5c-21e6.hcd not found

#
# I added the missing .hcd patch and extra notes tell something about steps
# to do (renaming file on newer kernels)
#

Would appreciate to have this included in the feature. Thanks<3
Additional Information[ 11.238099] bluetooth hci0: firmware: failed to load brcm/BCM20702A1-0a5c-21e6.hcd (-2)
[ 11.238815] bluetooth hci0: Direct firmware load for brcm/BCM20702A1-0a5c-21e6.hcd failed with error -2
[ 11.239520] Bluetooth: hci0: BCM: Patch brcm/BCM20702A1-0a5c-21e6.hcd not found

##
### Found this is dmesg, so i ran:
##

wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6h7ho21fct2pzb/fw-0a5c_21e6.hcd
sudo cp fw-0a5c_21e6.hcd /lib/firmware/
sudo cp fw-0a5c_21e6.hcd /lib/firmware/brcm/BCM43142A0-0a5c-21e6.hcd
sudo modprobe -r btusb
sudo modprobe btusb

# dmesg after loading:

[ 208.258058] usbcore: registered new interface driver btusb
[ 208.262464] Bluetooth: hci0: BCM: chip id 63
[ 208.279334] Bluetooth: hci0: DESKTOP-4262V31
[ 208.280433] Bluetooth: hci0: BCM20702A1 (001.002.014) build 1757
[ 208.280464] bluetooth hci0: firmware: failed to load brcm/BCM20702A1-0a5c-21e6.hcd (-2)
[ 208.280468] bluetooth hci0: Direct firmware load for brcm/BCM20702A1-0a5c-21e6.hcd failed with error -2
[ 208.280471] Bluetooth: hci0: BCM: Patch brcm/BCM20702A1-0a5c-21e6.hcd not found

# Still want the .hcd file, but I've found that newer kernels needs to have it
# renamed to work, so I did this:

cp /lib/firmware/brcm/BCM43142A0-0a5c-21e6.hcd /lib/firmware/brcm/BCM.hcd
Attached Files

-Relationships
+Relationships

-Notes
There are no notes attached to this issue.
+Notes

-Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2017-02-15 10:30 kimocoder New Issue
2017-02-15 10:30 kimocoder File Added: BCM43142A0-0a5c-21e6.hcd
+Issue History