|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0004267||Kali Linux||[All Projects] New Tool Requests||public||2017-09-25 15:43||2018-02-21 09:35|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0004267: SniffAir - An Open-Source Framework for Wireless Security Assessments|
|Description||SniffAir is an open-source wireless security framework. Sniffair allows for the collection, management, and analyzation of wireless traffic. In additional, SniffAir can also be used to preform sophisticated wireless attacks. SniffAir was born out of the hassle of managing large or multiple pcap files while thoroughly cross-examining and analyzing the traffic, looking for potential security flaws or malicious traffic.|
This installs and works well under Kali, although it has a messy setup.sh file where it pulls and builds its own copy of hostapd and other stuff.
It would likely require a fair bit of patching to be packaged properly and I'm not certain it's worth the effort in its current state.
I've talked to the author, and they are fully aware of the setup.sh file (as well as it being pointed out on reddit too).
Their hostapd build is from a legacy build.
Fixing all these setup/dependancy issues are on their road map to be fixed soon.
To help speed up the process of evaluating the tool, please make sure to include the following information (the more information you include, the more beneficial it will for us):
- [Name] - The name of the tool
- [Version] - What version of the tool should be added?
--- If it uses source control (such as git), please make sure there is a release to match (e.g. git tag)
- [Homepage] - Where can the tool be found online? Where to go to get more information?
- [Download] - Where to go to get the tool?
- [Author] - Who made the tool?
- [Licence] - How is the software distributed? What conditions does it come with?
- [Description] - What is the tool about? What does it do?
- [Dependencies] - What is needed for the tool to work?
- [Similar tools] - What other tools are out there?
- [How to install] - How do you compile it?
- [How to use] - What are some basic commands/functions to demonstrate it?
|2017-09-25 15:43||wytshadow||New Issue|
|2017-10-05 16:11||dookie||Note Added: 0007476|
|2017-10-09 10:47||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0007495|
|2018-01-29 15:14||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0008478|
|2018-02-21 09:35||g0tmi1k||Product Version||2017.2 =>|