|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0004394||Kali Linux||[All Projects] New Tool Requests||public||2017-12-05 20:24||2018-05-08 08:41|
|Priority||normal||Severity||feature||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0004394: HIDviz - A tool for in-depth analysis of USB HID devices communication|
|Description||Hidviz is a GUI application for in-depth analysis of USB HID class devices. The 2 main usecases of this application are reverse-engineering existing devices and developing new USB HID devices.|
USB HID class consists of many possible devices, e.g. mice, keyboards, joysticks and gamepads. But that's not all! There are more exotic HID devices, e.g. weather stations, medical equipment (thermometers, blood pressure monitors) or even simulation devices (think of flight sticks!).
|Steps To Reproduce||git clone --recursive https://github.com/ondrejbudai/hidviz.git|
make && make install
apt-get install build-essential qtbase5-dev libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler libusb-1.0-0-dev
|This builds and runs well. It might be more appropriate for it to be packaged on the Debian side.|
To help speed up the process of evaluating the tool, please make sure to include the following information (the more information you include, the more beneficial it will for us):
- [Name] - The name of the tool
- [Version] - What version of the tool should be added?
--- If it uses source control (such as git), please make sure there is a release to match (e.g. git tag)
- [Homepage] - Where can the tool be found online? Where to go to get more information?
- [Download] - Where to go to get the tool?
- [Author] - Who made the tool?
- [Licence] - How is the software distributed? What conditions does it come with?
- [Description] - What is the tool about? What does it do?
- [Dependencies] - What is needed for the tool to work?
- [Similar tools] - What other tools are out there?
- [How to install] - How do you compile it?
- [How to use] - What are some basic commands/functions to demonstrate it?
|2017-12-05 20:24||j_jito||New Issue|
|2017-12-18 21:56||dookie||Note Added: 0007710|
|2017-12-18 23:17||anders113345||Issue cloned: 0004430|
|2017-12-19 08:54||rhertzog||Relationship added||has duplicate 0004430|
|2018-01-29 15:00||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0008406|
|2018-02-21 09:35||g0tmi1k||Product Version||2017.3 =>|
|2018-05-08 08:41||g0tmi1k||Summary||HIDviz: A tool for in-depth analysis of USB HID devices communication => HIDviz - A tool for in-depth analysis of USB HID devices communication|