|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0004404||Kali Linux||[All Projects] New Tool Requests||public||2017-12-05 21:34||2018-02-21 09:35|
|Priority||normal||Severity||feature||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0004404: MS-SYS: Program for writing Microsoft compatible boot records|
|Description||This program is used to create Microsoft compatible boot records. It is able|
to do the same as Microsoft "fdisk /mbr" to a hard disk. It is also able to
do the same as Microsoft "sys d:" to a floppy or FAT partition except that
it does not copy any system files, only the boot record is written.
The program is useful when using Linux to restore a backup of a reference
Microsoft Windows installation.
|Steps To Reproduce||git clone https://github.com/pbatard/ms-sys.git|
make && make install
|This builds, installs, and runs well in Kali. We don't have anything similar so it would make a good addition to the Forensics category.|
To help speed up the process of evaluating the tool, please make sure to include the following information (the more information you include, the more beneficial it will for us):
- [Name] - The name of the tool
- [Version] - What version of the tool should be added?
--- If it uses source control (such as git), please make sure there is a release to match (e.g. git tag)
- [Homepage] - Where can the tool be found online? Where to go to get more information?
- [Download] - Where to go to get the tool?
- [Author] - Who made the tool?
- [Licence] - How is the software distributed? What conditions does it come with?
- [Description] - What is the tool about? What does it do?
- [Dependencies] - What is needed for the tool to work?
- [Similar tools] - What other tools are out there?
- [How to install] - How do you compile it?
- [How to use] - What are some basic commands/functions to demonstrate it?
|2017-12-05 21:34||j_jito||New Issue|
|2017-12-13 23:13||dookie||Note Added: 0007694|
|2018-01-29 15:05||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0008427|
|2018-02-21 09:35||g0tmi1k||Product Version||2017.3 =>|