View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0004501||Kali Linux||[All Projects] Queued Tool Addition||public||2018-01-26 09:27||2020-03-18 16:54|
|Priority||normal||Severity||feature||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0004501: mentalist - a tool for custom wordlist generation.|
|Description||Mentalist is a graphical tool for custom wordlist generation. It utilizes common human paradigms for constructing passwords and can output the full wordlist as well as rules compatible with Hashcat and John the Ripper. |
To help speed up the process of evaluating the tool, please make sure to include the following information (the more information you include, the more beneficial it will for us):
- [Name] - The name of the tool
- [Version] - What version of the tool should be added?
--- If it uses source control (such as git), please make sure there is a release to match (e.g. git tag)
- [Homepage] - Where can the tool be found online? Where to go to get more information?
- [Download] - Where to go to get the tool?
- [Author] - Who made the tool?
- [Licence] - How is the software distributed? What conditions does it come with?
- [Description] - What is the tool about? What does it do?
- [Dependencies] - What is needed for the tool to work?
- [Similar tools] - What other tools are out there?
- [How to install] - How do you compile it?
- [How to use] - What are some basic commands/functions to demonstrate it?
- [Name] - mentalist
- [Version] - the latest - v1.0
--- If it uses source control (such as git), please make sure there is a release to match (e.g. git tag) - Version 1.0
- [Homepage] - https://github.com/sc0tfree/mentalist
- [Download] - https://github.com/sc0tfree/mentalist
- [Author] - sc0tfree
- [Licence] - MIT License
- [Description] - Mentalist is a graphical tool for custom wordlist generation. It utilizes common human paradigms for constructing passwords and can output the full wordlist as well as rules compatible with Hashcat and John the Ripper.
- [Dependencies] - python3, python3-setuptools, python3-tk
- [Similar tools] - wlm
- [How to install] - python3 setup.py install
- [How to use] - mentalist
Mentalist generates wordlists by linking together nodes, which form a chain. The first node in a chain is always the Base Words node. When the chain is processed, each Base Word passes to the next node in the chain, which might modify the word, leave it the same or create more variations of it. Finally, the results are written to an output file as either the full wordlist or rules to generate the equivalent list.
@kali-team, please could this be packaged up.
@author, If you want to help the packaging process, you can check the documentation here ~ https://www.kali.org/docs/development/public-packaging
|2018-01-26 09:27||coloboslexx||New Issue|
|2018-01-29 10:23||g0tmi1k||Summary||Add mentalist - a tool for custom wordlist generation. => mentalist - a tool for custom wordlist generation.|
|2018-01-29 15:05||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0008422|
|2018-01-30 09:12||coloboslexx||Note Added: 0008563|
|2019-12-09 13:30||g0tmi1k||Severity||minor => feature|
|2020-02-25 13:45||g0tmi1k||Status||new => confirmed|
|2020-02-25 13:45||g0tmi1k||Category||New Tool Requests => Queued Tool Addition|
|2020-02-25 13:45||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0012347|
|2020-03-18 16:54||g0tmi1k||Status||confirmed => acknowledged|