View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0004755||Kali Linux||[All Projects] Kali Package Improvement||public||2018-05-08 06:33||2018-05-08 09:03|
|Priority||normal||Severity||minor||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0004755: add caplets to bettercap package|
|Description||There is a separate repository under bettercap's github page which provides a collection of caplets to use with bettercap. They should be included in the package or as a separate and recommended package:|
To help speed up the process of evaluating the tool, please make sure to include the following information (the more information you include, the more beneficial it will for us):
- [Name] - The name of the tool
- [Version] - What version of the tool should be added?
--- If it uses source control (such as git), please make sure there is a release to match (e.g. git tag)
- [Homepage] - Where can the tool be found online? Where to go to get more information?
- [Download] - Where to go to get the tool? either a download page or a link to the latest version
- [Author] - Who made the tool?
- [Licence] - How is the software distributed? What conditions does it come with?
- [Description] - What is the tool about? What does it do?
- [Dependencies] - What is needed for the tool to work?
- [Similar tools] - What other tools are out there?
- [Activity] - When did the project start? Is is still actively being deployed?
- [How to install] - How do you compile it?
--- Note, using source code to acquire (e.g. git clone/svn checkout) can't be used - Also downloading from the head. Please use a "tag" or "release" version.
- [How to use] - What are some basic commands/functions to demonstrate it?
@g0tmi1k This is not a new tool request but an improvement for bettercap package. Caplets are small scripts which automate several tasks in bettercap sessions. They are developed by the same team of bettercap as a complement to the tool and examples of what can be scripted with bettercap inner modules. They can be executed as a parameter for bettercap commandline:
bettercap -caplet ./beef-active.cap
Or called within an interactive bettercap session like any other module. There are some examples in the oficial github:
Dependencies are only bettercap, and don't need to be compiled since they are interpreted by bettercap itself. Probably the best way to incorporate them is making a new package to install to /usr/share and mark it as recommended by bettercap. License is GPLv3.