View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0004984||Kali Linux||[All Projects] New Tool Requests||public||2018-09-12 14:35||2018-09-12 15:37|
|Priority||normal||Severity||minor||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0004984: DNSaxfr: Shell script for testing DNS AXFR misconfiguration|
|Description||DNSaxfr is a shell script for testing DNS AXFR misconfiguration, light and fast, does not require additional packages to be installed.|
It follows the Unix philosophy to do one thing at best, can work as a filter and has some nice functionality like drawing a tree graph, testing Alexa's top 50 sites by country, 1M top domains etc.
Project's website: https://github.com/cybernova/DNSaxfr
To help speed up the process of evaluating the tool, please make sure to include the following information (the more information you include, the more beneficial it will for us):
- [Name] - The name of the tool
- [Version] - What version of the tool should be added?
--- If it uses source control (such as git), please make sure there is a release to match (e.g. git tag)
- [Homepage] - Where can the tool be found online? Where to go to get more information?
- [Download] - Where to go to get the tool? either a download page or a link to the latest version
- [Author] - Who made the tool?
- [Licence] - How is the software distributed? What conditions does it come with?
- [Description] - What is the tool about? What does it do?
- [Dependencies] - What is needed for the tool to work?
- [Similar tools] - What other tools are out there?
- [Activity] - When did the project start? Is is still actively being deployed?
- [How to install] - How do you compile it?
--- Note, using source code to acquire (e.g. git clone/svn checkout) can't be used - Also downloading from the head. Please use a "tag" or "release" version.
- [How to use] - What are some basic commands/functions to demonstrate it?
- [Name] - DNSaxfr
- [Version] - 1.1b
- [Homepage] - https://github.com/cybernova/DNSaxfr
- [Download] - https://github.com/cybernova/DNSaxfr
- [Author] - Andrea Dari
- [Licence] - GNU GPL v2.0
- [Description] - DNSaxfr is a shell script for testing DNS AXFR misconfiguration, it follows the Unix philosophy to do one thing at best, can work as a filter and has some nice functionality like drawing a tree graph, testing Alexa's top 50 sites by country, 1M top domains etc.
- [Dependencies] - wget, dnsutils, mawk, gzip (standard unix tools)
- [Similar tools] - dnsenum, DNSRecon, dnswalk
- [Activity] - Project start: Jun 2015 and is still actively being deployed
- [How to install] - No compile needed
- [How to use] - ./DNSaxfr.sh -r0 berkeley.edu
./DNSaxfr.sh -zr0 uniba.it
./DNSaxfr.sh -r0 -c us