View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0006019||Kali Linux||[All Projects] New Tool Requests||public||2020-01-22 15:15||2020-02-10 13:24|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Description||- [Name] - The name of the tool|
- [Version] - What version of the tool should be added?
- [Homepage] - Where can the tool be found online? Where to go to get more information?
- [Download] - Where to go to get the tool?
- [Author] - Who made the tool?
- [Licence] - How is the software distributed? What conditions does it come with?
- [Description] - What is the tool about? What does it do?
This script randomly changes host name, mimicking some typical setups used in business and home environments, e.g. DESKTOP-X46ZQM, Susanna, MIDDELKOOP-LTD-2FWHK4 etc.
- [Dependencies] - What is needed for the tool to work?
python, python-pip, python-setuptools, hostnamegen (pypi, https://github.com/tasooshi/hostnamegen)
- [Similar tools] - What other tools are out there?
Couldn't find any so created one for my own needs.
- [How to install] - How do you compile it?
git clone https://github.com/tasooshi/namechanger.git
- [How to use] - What are some basic commands/functions to demonstrate it?
root@Susanne:~# namechanger && hostname