View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0006537||Kali Linux||[All Projects] New Tool Requests||public||2020-06-30 16:42||2020-06-30 16:42|
|Priority||normal||Severity||minor||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Description||- [Name] - Hostapd-mana|
- [Version] - Latest, likely git master, latest version is 1.5 years old
- [Homepage] - Where can the tool be found online? Where to go to get more information?
- [Download] - https://github.com/sensepost/hostapd-mana
- [Author] - Sensepost
- [Licence] - BSD license for the most part. It uses hostapd, which is BSD as well
- [Description] -
hostapd-mana is a featureful rogue wifi access point tool. It can be used for a myriad of purposes from tracking and deanonymising devices (aka Snoopy), gathering corporate credentials from devices attempting EAP (aka WPE) or attracting as many devices as possible to connect to perform MitM attacks.
- [Dependencies] - build-essential pkg-config git libnl-genl-3-dev libssl-dev
- [Similar tools] - hostapd-wpe, freeradius-wpe
- [How to install] -
git clone https://github.com/sensepost/hostapd-mana
make -C hostapd
- [How to use] - Here is one example, from https://github.com/sensepost/hostapd-mana/wiki/Creating-PSK-or-EAP-Networks
Use the following configuration to create a WPA AP that exports handshakes to /tmp/hostapd.hccapx:
From there, run hostapd-mana followed by the path of this configuration file. Now connect a client to it (passphrase in the hostapd configuration doesn't matter). It will then export handshakes to /tmp/hostapd.hccapx which can then be cracked with hashcat.
|Additional Information||While the mana toolkit has been deprecated, hostapd-mana is still being developed, along with berate_ap, which will be in another ticket|
After compiling, the hostapd binaries should be changed to hostapd-mana (same goes for the cli tool, hostapd-mana_cli). I would also rename the default socket to which hostapd-mana_cli connects to in the code, and likely in the config file as well. Certificates should be generated too: https://github.com/sensepost/hostapd-mana/wiki/Creating-PSK-or-EAP-Networks
Documentation can be found at https://github.com/sensepost/hostapd-mana/wiki/