View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0004082||Kali Linux||[All Projects] Queued Tool Addition||public||2017-06-16 09:52||2020-02-13 14:23|
|Priority||normal||Severity||feature||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Description||It has started like apk for android and nowadays, it has become also an application ported for PC.|
It has many algorithms for defaults password, and it has command line and GUI versions.
It would be very nice to get in Kali in next releases.
This is the link to github project: https://github.com/routerkeygen
I tried today, and it works greatly! It would be very usefull for wifi pentesting to check default routers password.
|Additional Information||Commands to compile and get deb package in kali 2017.01 pushed here until all will be adjusted: https://github.com/routerkeygen/routerkeygenPC/issues/37#issuecomment-308980123|
Command to get defaults password from command line: https://github.com/routerkeygen/routerkeygenPC/issues/36#issuecomment-308967669
To help speed up the process of evaluating the tool, please make sure to include the following information (the more information you include, the more beneficial it will for us):
- [Name] - The name of the tool
- [Version] - What version of the tool should be added?
--- If it uses source control (such as git), please make sure there is a release to match (e.g. git tag)
- [Homepage] - Where can the tool be found online? Where to go to get more information?
- [Download] - Where to go to get the tool?
- [Author] - Who made the tool?
- [Licence] - How is the software distributed? What conditions does it come with?
- [Description] - What is the tool about? What does it do?
- [Dependencies] - What is needed for the tool to work?
- [Similar tools] - What other tools are out there?
- [How to install] - How do you compile it?
- [How to use] - What are some basic commands/functions to demonstrate it?
Sorry for delay in reply. I know it could seems a bit outdate, but it works with default passwords. even nowadays
Below answer I can provide:
- [Name] - routerkeygen
- [Version] - Latest from github ( https://github.com/routerkeygen/routerkeygenPC ); to be compiled cause the latest version released is not updated with latest update of the code.
- [Homepage] - https://github.com/routerkeygen + https://routerkeygen.github.io
- [Download] - https://github.com/routerkeygen + https://routerkeygen.github.io
- [Author] - Took form repo: Rui Araújo
- [Licence] - GNU General Public License v3.0 - https://github.com/routerkeygen/routerkeygenPC/blob/master/COPYING
- [Description] - Generate default keys for many type of wifi routers + https://github.com/routerkeygen/routerkeygenPC/blob/master/README.md
- [Dependencies] - Took from repo: cmake build-essential qt5-default libssl-dev qtscript5-dev libnm-gtk-dev qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools rpm lintian
- [Similar tools] - Most of them outdated algorithm, or a little bit complicated/not userfriendly like this; this has GUI and CLI version too.
- [How to install] - https://github.com/routerkeygen/routerkeygenPC/blob/master/INSTALL + https://github.com/routerkeygen/routerkeygenPC/blob/master/README.md
- [How to use] - Click "SCAN" and click on wifi networks not red to get keys. If I remeber well there is also the "self connection test" feature in PC version.
@kali-team, please could this be packaged up.
@author, If you want to help the packaging process, you can check the documentation here ~ https://www.kali.org/docs/development/public-packaging
|2017-06-16 09:52||DoctorD90||New Issue|
|2018-01-26 11:25||g0tmi1k||Relationship added||has duplicate 0002039|
|2018-01-29 10:55||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0007945|
|2018-02-21 09:35||g0tmi1k||Product Version||2017.1 =>|
|2020-01-04 09:02||DoctorD90||Note Added: 0011806|
|2020-02-10 13:46||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0012066|
|2020-02-10 13:46||g0tmi1k||Category||New Tool Requests => Queued Tool Addition|
|2020-02-11 13:58||g0tmi1k||Relationship added||related to 0003089|
|2020-02-13 14:23||g0tmi1k||Status||new => acknowledged|