View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0004406||Kali Linux||[All Projects] Queued Tool Addition||public||2017-12-05 21:38||2021-08-13 13:03|
|Priority||normal||Severity||minor||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0004406: Radamsa - a general-purpose fuzzer|
|Description||Radamsa is a test case generator for robustness testing, a.k.a. a fuzzer. It is typically used to test how well a program can withstand malformed and potentially malicious inputs. It works by reading sample files of valid data and generating interestringly different outputs from them. The main selling points of radamsa are that it has already found a slew of bugs in programs that actually matter, it is easily scriptable and easy to get up and running.|
|Steps To Reproduce||git clone https://github.com/aoh/radamsa.git|
make && make install
echo "HAL 9000" | radamsa
|Additional Information||apt-get install gcc make git wget|
This builds and runs well and would make a good addition. As part of the build, it downloads the following project, which will likely need to be packaged separately:
To help speed up the process of evaluating the tool, please make sure to include the following information (the more information you include, the more beneficial it will for us):
- [Name] - The name of the tool
- [Version] - What version of the tool should be added?
--- If it uses source control (such as git), please make sure there is a release to match (e.g. git tag)
- [Homepage] - Where can the tool be found online? Where to go to get more information?
- [Download] - Where to go to get the tool?
- [Author] - Who made the tool?
- [Licence] - How is the software distributed? What conditions does it come with?
- [Description] - What is the tool about? What does it do?
- [Dependencies] - What is needed for the tool to work?
- [Similar tools] - What other tools are out there?
- [How to install] - How do you compile it?
- [How to use] - What are some basic commands/functions to demonstrate it?
@kali-team, please could this be packaged up.
@author, If you want to help the packaging process, you can check the documentation here ~ https://www.kali.org/docs/development/public-packaging
|2017-12-05 21:38||j_jito||New Issue|
|2017-12-11 22:00||dookie||Note Added: 0007691|
|2018-01-29 15:12||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0008460|
|2018-02-21 09:35||g0tmi1k||Product Version||2017.3 =>|
|2018-05-08 08:33||g0tmi1k||Summary||Radamsa: a general-purpose fuzzer => Radamsa - a general-purpose fuzzer|
|2020-02-25 14:01||g0tmi1k||Note Added: 0012354|
|2020-02-25 14:01||g0tmi1k||Status||new => confirmed|
|2020-02-25 14:01||g0tmi1k||Category||New Tool Requests => Queued Tool Addition|
|2020-03-18 16:54||g0tmi1k||Status||confirmed => acknowledged|
|2020-06-17 14:57||g0tmi1k||Severity||feature => minor|
|2021-08-13 13:03||g0tmi1k||Relationship added||has duplicate 0005329|